The Academy & The Trust
About the Academy
Welcome to Moorhead Academy.
We are very proud of our school, where you will find hardworking, dedicated staff and happy children who enjoy learning.
We have and exciting curriculum and very high expectations of our students which we believe will enable them to:
- Discover their own interests and strengths
- Develop a love of learning and an appreciation of the world around them
- Become articulate and confident young people
- Be responsible and independent
- Be ready for High School
Our motto is, We are all stars, and we work closely with families and a wide range of professional agencies to support all children to reach their full potential.
We hope that you find our website helpful. Please do not hesitate to contact the academy if you have any further queries.
Ethos & Culture
- Student learning, attainment, achievement and well being are at the centre of strategic thinking, planning and actions.
- A ‘can do’ attitude is actively promoted and prevalent throughout the Academy.
- There is a culture of success where achievement is rewarded and celebrated.
- Underpinned by high aspirations and ambition for both students and staff there is an expectation for everyone to be determined and have a desire and commitment to continuously improve.
- The independent status of the Academy is fully embraced to encourage self confidence, a pro-active approach and taking responsibility for one’s own actions whilst enabling rapid and appropriate response to changing circumstances.
About the Trust
Landau Forte Charitable Trust was established in 1989 and now operates 6 Primary, Secondary and Sixth Form Academies across the Midlands. Our education model and over 20 years of experience operating an innovative and forward thinking educational organisation has become the DNA from which more Landau Forte Academies have been developed.
We are passionate about educating children across the 4 – 19 age range. It is our intention to make a positive difference to the lives of young people with the ambition of securing the best education possible for them.
For more information about the Trust and our academies, we encourage you to visit the Landau Forte Charitable Trust website.
Contact details for the Trust can be found at the end of the Academy’s Contact page.
Annual Report & Accounts
Directors & Trustees
|Martin Landau||President of the Trust, Principal Founding Sponsor, Board of Directors and Trustee|
|Mike Davies, OBE||Chair of the Board of Directors and Trustee|
|The Hon Mrs Olga Polizzi, CBE||Deputy Chair of the Board of Directors and Trustee|
|The Hon Sir Rocco Forte||Founding Sponsor, Board of Directors and Trustee|
|Margaret Bell||Board of Directors and Trustee|
|Rosemary Morgan||Board of Directors and Trustee|
|Terence Ousley||Board of Directors and Trustee|
|Alex Polizzi||Board of Directors and Trustee|
|Simon Shooter||Board of Directors and Trustee|
|Keith Doble||Board of Directors|
|David Shore||Board of Directors|
|Leah Charlesworth||Board of Directors|