Dear Parents and Carers
I am delighted to inform you that having visited Landau Forte Academy Moorhead in May, Ofsted has confirmed that the school is taking effective action for improvement, and is rapidly tackling the areas highlighted as weaknesses in the previous inspection.
This is wonderful news and testament to the hard work that our pupils, staff and community have put in – in their report the Ofsted inspectors highlighted “these improvements have provided a secure foundation for future development”.
We hope you have time to read the full report, but some key highlights include:
- There is a real sense of team spirit across the school. New leaders provide vision, drive and ambition and staff say they are well supported and have had training to help them develop in their roles. Staff are included in decisions about designing the school curriculum, and feel that leaders are considerate of their well-being and workload.
- Landau Forte Academy Moorhead’s governance has also significantly improved due to the addition of several new governors. They are providing much-needed expertise, and are rigorous in checking that leaders’ actions are making a positive impact on pupils’ education, and continue to challenge and support the school’s leaders.
- Pupil behaviour is much improved and the number of incidents of disruption in lessons is reducing. The school’s behaviour management system has been reformed to be simpler and clearer, meaning that staff are more consistent in tackling low-level disruption and ensuring a better learning environment for their pupils. Children are happy and keen learners, and enjoy talking about what they are learning in class.
- Ofsted say staff have high ambitions for what children should be able to do in Early Years. Leaders have worked hard to tackle any weaknesses in Early Years provision to ensure that the youngest children get the best possible start in life. Children are developing their communication and language skills well, and are willing to talk about what they are learning.
- Across the school there is a clear vision for what the new curriculum looks like. School leaders and staff are united in their belief that pupils will be well prepared for secondary school, with high aspirations and a rich understanding of their career options after school. Pupils have a wide range of opportunities to develop their skills and interests outside of the classroom, including their recent Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics day.
This is all extremely positive, and we are very proud of the work that has happened to date at the Academy. Everyone at Landau Forte Academy Moorhead is committed to ensuring our pupils go on to thrive, and I am delighted that Ofsted have recognised this is taking place. Please do get in touch if you have any questions, but in the meantime I would like to thank you for your ongoing support for the academy, our school community and children.