At Landau Forte Academy Moorhead, we view the Curriculum as the sum total of all the learning experiences within the Academy not simply the identifiable subjects. Consequently, the learning programmes extend beyond the requirements of the National Curriculum and subject boundaries. They intend to fully develop your child through their early years so that they can confidently progress into secondary education.
We use the Cornerstones Curriculum to ensure our children have a Broad and Balanced Curriculum. This is a key skills based curriculum based on a four stage pedagogy:
- Hook learners in with a memorable experience.
- Set the scene and provide the context for learning.
- Ask questions to find out children’s interests.
- Spark children’s curiosity using interesting starting points.
- Teach facts and information for deeper understanding and knowledge.
- Demonstrate new skills and allow time for consolidation.
- Provide creative opportunities for making and doing.
- Deliver reading, writing and talking across the curriculum.
- Provide imaginative scenarios that encourage creative thinking.
- Enable children to apply previously learned skills.
- Encourage enterprise and independent thinking.
- Provide opportunities for collaborative working and problem solving.
- Provide environments for reflective talk.
- Create opportunities for shared evaluation.
- Celebrate and share children’s success.
- Identify next steps for learning.
You can view the curriculum overviews for each year group via the downloads below.
If you are a parent of a child in Y2 or Y6 and would like more information about this year’s SATs tests, please take a look at the following videos. They provide further detail about this summer’s assessment process.
If you would like more information about the curriculum the Academy follows then please contact us.