Our curriculum priorities are:
Aspirations – we aim to provide experiences which show children the wide range of possibilities available for their future.
Initiative – we aim to offer experiences which help them to become independent and resourceful learners.
Learning for life – we aim to provide experiences which keep our pupils safe and a knowledge of how to keep themselves and others safe both now in and in the future.
- At Landau Forte Academy Moorhead our curriculum has been carefully designed, planned and organised. At the heart of our curriculum is ‘learning for life’; this ensures all children learn to be active positive citizens and about life in modern Britain. The children know how to keep themselves and others safe.
- It is our firm belief that the substance of our education prepares children well for the challenges they will face in life and at the next stage of their education.
- Our curriculum is based on one fundamental principle that every child will achieve the highest possible outcomes in their academic and personal development.
- When planning each topic/area we start by looking at the standard we expect every child to achieve and what deep level learning looks like. Learning experiences are then planned to ensure that every child stands the best possible chance of achieving this.
- Our curriculum is designed to meet the needs of every pupil in our school.
- We carefully look at the needs of every child and tailor the curriculum to deliver what best meets their needs and how they learn most effectively.
- Every child’s progress is carefully monitored and tracked and action taken immediately if progress is not as expected.
- Every child and member of staff fully participates in every area of the curriculum through careful adaptions and modifications where necessary.
- We have designed and planned our curriculum to offer a range of experiences which contribute to every child receiving a full and rich curriculum. The range of experiences we offer support and champion our culture and ensures that our children benefit from a full range of academic, spiritual, moral, social and cultural activities. These activities enrich their lives and those of our whole school community and make them proud of their British values and diverse society to which belong and play an active part.
- We are proud that our curriculum gives our children the aspirations, skills, confidence and self-belief to lead a happy and fulfilled life by encouraging them to aim high and work towards their goals and dreams in life.
At Landau Forte Academy Moorhead our definition of progress is; the widening and deepening of essential knowledge, skills, understanding and learning behaviours. We design, organise and plan our curriculum to ensure that children are not merely covering content but achieving a depth to their learning which enables them to use their skills and understanding in all areas of the curriculum.
Our careful curriculum design and planning means that we build in many opportunities for repetition and practise opportunities for essential knowledge, skills and understanding in every subject. This ensures that children are able to revisit previous learning, which allows them to gradually develop a deeper understanding of the skills and processes within subjects, at their own pace and in the best possible way for each individual child.
At Landau Forte Academy Moorhead it is our underlying belief that every child should feel valued and experience the feeling of success in a wide range of curriculum areas. We believe that through the curriculum we can impact on what is in children’s head and how they feel about themselves, so that they feel clever, confident and ready to tackle any challenge they may face.
We have designed, organised and planned our curriculum to ensure every child receives an appropriate mix of academic and personal development which means that in practice our curriculum places equal importance on core and foundation subjects.
At Landau Forte Academy Moorhead we place high priority on ensuring children’s physical and mental wellbeing are met. We understand that children will not be successful learners unless they are emotionally secure, therefore we carefully design our curriculum and adopt a flexible approach to timetabling to ensure that we can meet and respond to any issues which may arise. Children’s physical and mental wellbeing are as valued and important as academic development.
Our balanced approach to the curriculum is not at the expense of high standards in core subject areas. High standards and enabling children to reach national expectations and above is of vital importance if they are to succeed at the next stage of their education and go on to achieve full and happy lives and careers.
Our full and rich curriculum, with its excellent range of experiences, ensures that every pupil at Landau Forte Academy Moorhead makes excellent progress both academically and personally. Our unique curriculum ensures that every child is given the opportunity to dream, believe and achieve.
You can view the curriculum overviews for each year group via the downloads below.
If you would like more information about the curriculum the Academy follows then please contact us.