Children should normally be aged between 4 and 5 years old on the 1 September in the year of entry. Applications for a place at the Academy must be made via the Local Authority in which you live. For most applicants, this will be to Derby City Council.
The document below details our latest admissions procedure. A brief overview of the admissions process can be found below it.
When should I apply?
- Applications are open from the beginning of November.
- The closing date for applications is 15 January the following year.
How do I apply?
You can apply online via the Council’s website: Online Application Form
You can apply via the phone or request a paper application by calling: 01332 642730
If you have any questions about your application please contact the Primary School Admissions team on 01332 642725/642728/642730 or via email [email protected].
Where can I find more information about the allocation of school places?
Full details are available in the Council’s Primary Admissions Handbook, available on their website.
Will I be automatically sent the relevant information?
- If your child attends a maintained nursery setting at a Derby City Primary School you should receive a letter detailing how and when to apply.
- If you have already expressed an interest in a particular school they should send you the relevant information.
- Please be aware that expressing an interest at a school does not constitute an application and you must apply online, by phone, or by using the paper application form.
- If the above does not apply to you or you don’t receive any information, you will need to request the information yourself.